Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Messy Messy Messy

So I have another confession to make.  (Which I just realized is exactly the way I started my last post.  Be more creative, Melody!)
I am the opposite of a clean freak.
This morning....drum roll... I cleaned our bath tub.
For the first time.
Ever.
Caleb's 80 year old grandma cleaned it before we moved in - just so you know I'm not a complete pig.  Thanks Oma!  Love you!  =) 
Now we've lived here since the end of February, so what... 2 1/2 months?  And I kept look at my bathtub kinda hoping that Mimi cleaned it the week I was in Bellingham... 
Are you interested in hearing my excuse?
Take a look at my bathtub.
Yes, this is AFTER I cleaned it.  My normal goal when cleaning a bathtub is to make it white and shiny.  Well, as you can see, it's not ever going to be white - or shiny. 
And the spots where the surround stuff is coming off and you can see the brown stuff underneath is not my responsibility to fix.  (The joys of renting!)
So I've been looking at the tub for the last 2 1/2 months thinking, "I should clean that.  But if I do, it won't look any cleaner than it does now, so why should I bother?"
Like I said.  Not a clean freak.
Obviously.

No comments: