Thursday, January 8, 2009

Verses for 2009

Psalm 143:6,8,10-11
I stretch out my hands to You; My soul longs for You, as a parched land. Let me hear Your lovingkindness in the morning; For I trust in You; Teach me the way in which I should walk; For to You I lift up my soul. Teach me to do Your will, For You are my God; Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground. For the sake of Your name, O LORD, revive me. In Your righteousness bring my soul out of trouble.


This is my "I'm overwhelmed again today!" verse.
2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything you may have an abundance for every good deed.


1 John 2:15-17
Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever.

I could tell you lots of things God says to me through His words in these verses, but I think I'll let Him speak directly to your hearts without my personal commentary getting in the way.

No comments: