Wednesday, January 8, 2014

September 17, 2010

Bet you don't know what happened that day, do you?
Well, neither would I.  Except...
Caleb found a hand-written (as in: on notebook paper in pencil like a junior high note) blog post dated 9/17/10 in a stack of papers the other day. 
It makes me laugh, so you get to read it too.  Be happy.  =)


"I am unaccountably annoyed with my husband today.

Why?

Well, to start he actually looked good when we went to church this morning.  His face did not look like he was 15 due to an uncontrollable flood of hormones.  He did not have giant puffy bags under his eyes from getting up with the baby every two hours last night. 
I.  Need.  Sleep.  
Ava's nine months old, and I've slept through the night twice.  
Major sleep deprivation.

And the man keeps telling me how I get crabby at night and start whining.  As if I have no reason.  You try not sleeping decently for years on end and see what it does to you. 

Ok, back to the looking good for church thing.  His hair was not frizzy and unruly.  His toenail paint was not peeling, and his butt did not look like an old lady's in his only pair of black dress pants.  Oh!  And the ruffles on his shirt were not frilling the wrong way.  

Next reason.  
He gets the weekend off.  
He watches football games and monopolizes the computer.  Ok, in his defense, he fixed the garage door.  Yay!  
But when is my day off?  
When do I get to watch mindless youtube videos while someone else cooks, cleans, disciplines the kids, and changes dirty diapers?  
Friday was supposed to be my day off (thanks Tam!).  I went to Super Saver, Target, my chiro appointment, watched Niki's kids, Amigo's, Neat Repeatz, Once Upon a Child, the hospital, and HyVee.  Then I came home and washed dishes, cleaned the bathroom, picked up, and vacuumed.  No nap for me.  
And the only thing I bough myself was a taco and tampons.  

Did I volunteer for this?  When exactly does this pay off like everyone says it will?  When I'm too old and exhausted to care?  Making me more like Jesus must be really, really important cuz that's all I see happening here.  God sanding all my points off (ouch!) to force me to be like Him.  Can I just say it's not so fun?  

"Fix your eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of your faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the Father in heaven."

Sitting down sounds nice.  I think that's my favorite part.  
As a footnote, I'd like to say I had to write this with a pencil because my husband has total control of the laptop.  My hand hurts."  

Ok, it almost killed me to type that without editing it - just a little?  But I wanted to preserve it exactly.
Looking back, the being like Jesus part looks like it will be worth it someday.  The verdict on the kids is still out.  =)

And Caleb and I totally matched when we went to church the other day, so I'm moving up in the world!  ;)

No comments: