Monday, November 23, 2009

Sad day....

Since Saturday, Julia has learned two new things that I was hoping she'd wait to learn 'til spring at least - maybe never. She can now climb out of her crib AND open doors. I knew I wasn't going to be getting much sleep after mid-December anyway, but now I may never get any again. How do you make a not even 2 year old stay in bed so mommy can sleep? It's funny because when Ethan learned to do things like this, we were so excited and proud! "What a smart little boy he is!" we thought. Now we dread the day when our kids learn things like this - admittedly mostly for selfish reasons. A person has to sleep sometime! I hear someone playing with a door now... Yay for naptime?

1 comment:

-C said...

can she work the safety doorknob covers? or maybe a quick install of a little latch on the outside will help her learn to stay in her room for naptime. ;)